2017 is just around the corner, and I love this time of year. The hectic Christmas present-buying mania is over, and in the lovely lull between Boxing Day and New Year, I always get an urge to clean my house ready for a fresh start. I also make sure I take time to do some reviewing, goal-setting and planning for the 12 months ahead.
Reviews are great for helping you to assess whats working, and what isn’t. Ask yourself, in 2016:
- What did you enjoy most this year? And least?
- What worked well for you? And what didn’t work so well?
- What habits will you let go of that don’t serve you?
- And what new habits do you want to develop?
- What emotions do you want to experience more of this year?
- Who do you want to spend time with, and where?
- What one thing is a ‘must’ for you this year?
You could also try writing a letter to your future self – as if it’s one year from today and you are speaking to yourself about all you have achieved. Be kind and positive and imagine you have achieved all your hopes and dreams – what would that be like? This is a really fun challenge, and gave me goosebumps when I did it! You can even go one step further and schedule it to be sent to yourself a year from now at www.futureme.org.